Wednesday, September 29, 2004


Moving in a couple weeks. We got the apartment we wanted. I'm nervous. I didn't realize I have so much shit. I've started packing a few things here and there yet it still looks like it's not packed...you know what I mean?

This apartment should be interesting, it has burbur [sp] carpet throughout, and it's cream at that [makes me nervous]. Who puts cream carpeting in a rental? It looks pretty, but I've got a roomie who wears combat boots [see what I'm gettin' at].

No more hard wood floors. No more private laundry. No more microwave over the stove [you think current landlord will notice that missing]?

It's okay though. I'll be fine. I'll just go to the laundry mat like the rest of those non-owning private laundry, people.

I'll keep you posted on the move.

***************

On another note, a certain person asked me why I was voting for my candidate. I said,

Well, first and foremost, I believe my candidate will keep me, my family, and everyone who I care about, safe. Times have changed and that's what I worry about the most, the rest of the agendas comes under that, you know, economy, etc.

This person replied,

Well, I'm not choosing my candidate because of that. I mean I think he'll do a good job, but I'm not worry about other people, I'm more concerned about what my candidate can do for me.

My response? I looked at her, eyes squinted [what happens when I'm thinking hard] and thought, "Um, what?"

I ended the conversation. Fast. No offense to said person. I respect that she feels that way and she's her own priority. I just could not relate to it. I'm sure she felt a little dumbfounded at my reason because she stated she didn't think safety was a priority and that I was paranoid. So we're even. I guess.








Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.