So much laziness, so little time...
Friday's work day was spent shopping. Shopping. That's suppose to be a fun sport for us women but Friday was not a fun shopping day. One too many egos clashed that day.
At about 11, me, favorite office mate, and gorilla left for Costco to shop for an open house that was being held at our office. $230 later, we left for the local grocery store for more supplies then headed to Konditor Meister [I love this place] for pastries. Our budget was $500.00, and thanks to my Costco membership, we saved a lot of money, the end tally being $330.
We arrived at the office where I consumed the first of many, many tiramasu's. Helped set up for the party, then went back to work where I sat at my desk and consumed the second tiramsu. The party began, I mingled, ate more tiramasu, a lemon swan boat, cheese and crackers and drank Perrier. I watched as officemates downed beer and wine.
Finally, I received the call I had been anticipating. I was to meet Elzilla, John, and Christina for some late night sushi for Christina [Turtle Dove's] birthday.
As I drove to meet the three, I felt giddy. My heart was beating so fast, thoughts were running through my head so quickly. I couldn't understand why I felt so "high."
We arrived at Kagawa, sat for dinner, and realizing I had forgotten to run an errand, I left the mini dinner party to complete the errand, came back and consumed my Sake Don.
"I think someone put something in my drinks at the open house."
I felt like I wanted to wrestle.
John came to the conclusion that my giddyness was due to my eating one too many tiramasu's. I think he was right.
Good times.
Saturday was spent doing not a g-damn thing. It was my day to clean a little. Sean left for a night out with the guys. I stayed home where I had an altercation with some falling ice that I had mistaken for someone trying to bust in my apartment. Basically, I heard loud, hard, thrashing noises which involved me having a tight grip on my cell phone ready to dial 911, holding the long, steel handle of a vacuum, ready to smash someone's skull into powder, come to realize the loud noises was the ice falling from the freezer of our minifridge [that sean was defrosting], onto the glass bottom.
I think I would have gone absolutely insane with fright if C hadn't scolded me for overreacting.
Then today was spent at the annual Kittery Outlet shopping trip with Elzilla, Christina, and Julie. They left with clothes, I left with a set of 8 bowls to match my dinner plate set. As I unpacked them I couldn't help but think, 'Why the hell did I buy these?'
I am thinking about work tomorrow. I feel like I didn't get enough rest. In fact, I logged in 2 and a 1/2 hours today working on a report. I could have been napping or reading, or vegging.
Enough rambling. Carry on.
P.S. I have a crush on the dark haired male who's on one of those Levitra commercials.



<< Home