Boys will be boys.
Went South this weekend to help the Jones boys fix up their new B&B. Such a beautiful place. Stupid me, I had my camera but did not take any pictures. I guess it's cause we were gettin' down and dirty.
I arrived late in the afternoon to see the guys, Angela and Amy working in the yard. As soon as I got out of my car, Taz, the cute sonavabitch jumped on me and left a 12 inch scratch on my arm. It's a beauty!
I put on a pair of garden gloves and started to help weed the yard until the guys started wackin' at the stubborn stumps that took forever to dig out of the ground. "This is too close for comfort." I thought to myself [I couldn't help but picture an axe accidentally getting stuck in my skull, or in my back as I weeded] and decided to help Dave find rocks to line the garden with.
While digging for rocks I had found a volleyball and tossed it over to Dave [who was concentrating on finding rocks].He thought the ball I threw at him was an actual rock. He freaked and his body gyrated in such a way I never knew was possible, I laughed my ass off but in turn the volleyball flew right back at me, striking me on the thigh, causing me to scream out in pain.
"Oh my gawd, that wasn't hard."
"YES IT WAS."
Let the games begin.
For some reason, the Jones' boys thought it funny to throw things at me [A humongous cricket, and a gigantic earthworm] which then prompted me to work inside and paint. Later in the day I watched Dan find bugs to throw them into enormous spiderwebs, with ENORMOUS SPIDER occupants.
I left early to have some daylight to aid me in driving the long ride back. Closer to home I decided to stop by the mall and purchase some things for the new apartment and also look for an outfit to wear to the wedding next Sunday. I walked into a shop and all the girls scrunched their noses at me. It was so Pretty Womanish, only without the long legs, huge knockers, curly red hair, hooker outfit, and no sugar daddy.
Try overalls splattered with paint, black greasy hair in a ponytail, paint in fingernails, smelling of sweat, woman. I was tempted to say, "Hey, I got money to spend in here."
But, paying 98 bucks for a blouse is insane.
I'm beat. I'm going to shower and nurse the new scar on my arm.



<< Home