Thursday, October 07, 2004

"I'm 28 years old."

"You don't look 28 years old, you look so young." Said the nice filipina woman I met while shopping.

She made me smile.

"Thank you."

I walked away feeling refreshed. Twenty eight IS young, but why do I feel so old? So out of place in this world?

My older sister, the girl I never could relate to, the girl I used to call big tits to make her feel self concious, has three kids now. THREE (3) kids. My older brother, my protector, the guy who'd kick my ass and put me in check when I'd be a smart ass, quit his job because he needs to, "rethink my life." I feel like I need to protect him, now. And me?

Being unemployed for a year, I prayed and prayed for a job I'd enjoy. Anything. One day I received a phone call from a company I thought was too good to be true, and got the job.

I feel like I'm spread to thin.

I've become forgetful.

I miss my mom.

I'm not me.

*****************

One more day 'till D & L's wedding. I went shopping again tonight and could NOT find a g-damn thing. I can't understand it. It's like all the dresses out there were beaten with the ugly stick.

*******************

It's a three day weekend. Praise it!



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.