C
My trip to New York was due to this fabulous woman,

C opening up a birthday gift from me.
C turned 27 on Saturday [I wish I was 27, still], and fun was had by all this weekend.
First, let me start @ the beginning of the trip. Me, Elzilla, Chrissy, and Julie hopped into El's car and headed to NYC. It was kind of a long ride [have you ever wanted to jump out of a moving vehicle? Ride with the B sisters]. We had eats @ a diner in Connecticut, picked up El's long-time friend Rob [a surprise for C] which changed the seating in the small vehicle. I was forced to sit in the middle in the back seat, my legs became pretzelized...BUT it's over now, and it was for a good cause. We arrived in NY about 11ish, if I can recall. We found C's apartment just fine.
It was so fabulous to see C. I had never been to her apartment [she's invited me on several occasions], I was so glad to finally see her in her own surroundings.
"Sooooo, this is where you talk to me from..."
I sat at her desk with her miniature laptop. Her apartment is just adorable, huge and adorable.
*C and I have slowly become good friends, I enjoy our conversations, and the fact that she is three inches shorter than me and she's not even Asian. I am NO LONGER THE SHORTEST PERSON IN MY GROUP OF FRIENDS & NOW I CAN RULE THE WORLD! Ahem.
I met her through El, and we really never talked before, but now I have another good friend to add to my list of people who I would kill for.
After some chit-chatting, C set us up with the sleeping arrangements, and we all went to sleep. Into the night there was a little accident involving a very loud crashing noise which prompted me to latch onto Elzilla whom I shared a futon with. The sewing machine table standing next to me, housing C's antique sewing machine, and mini laptop crashed to the ground. It was so heartbreaking to watch C pick up the sewing machine as a piece of the machine had broken off. After everything was kept, the lights went out and I could hear C crying. I felt so sad. [Just FYI, I didn't do it, one of C's cats had jumped on top of the table and I guess there was too much weight to support]. I racked my brain to try and figure out how to fix it and the next thing I knew, I sprung forward, "I know what you can do!" Luckily, everyone in the room was still awake when I had my little outburst and they liked the idea, too.
The next morning, Chrissy, Julie, and I got up early to head out and do a little site-seeing and shopping. We ended up at TimeSquare where really the only thing I took a photograph of was the Nissin Cup o Noodle because it was so damn cold out. Just the day before it was in the 50's and I swear on Saturday it felt below 0.

We met up with Chrissy's friends who also live in New York and they took us over to St. Patrick's Cathedral,

Then we were off to Rockefeller Center,

Then we were off to Canal Street, home of the fake designer bags. The only thing I bought was a very nice scarf, I was proud of myself as Chrissy's friend told me to barter with the woman and I did. I paid 6 dollars for a 7 dollar scarf. Heehee. A few of the girls were looking for fake Coach purses and we found a guy on the street who took us through an alley way, into a nice looking Asian restaurant, up the stairs into a small room where there were imitation purses strewn about. That incident was a little weird but that's what you get when your in NYC, eh?
THEN we ate at a pizza place in Little Italy, we were suppose to meet up with C and the rest of the crew but that was not to be. C, and the crew went to an ice skating rink in Central Park, I wish I was there to take pictures. After eating, we headed back to C's apartment to rest then get ready for C's birthday bash.
Ms. C's bash started off at a sushi restaurant in Manhattan, I would have taken a picture of my scrumptious obento, but I didn't think to take a picture until I was half done with my meal [I was so hungry]. I think that has got to be the best Japanese food I've ever had so far. I definitely would like to go back to that restaurant. After dinner we headed over to the lounge C reserved in the East Village for her birthday bash. It was really cool inside, beautiful seating everywhere, we all retired ourselves into the back room. I planted my ass on a couch with this sitting in front of me,

Hookah up
A few hours later, she showed up.

It was a great night, a lot of people came to wish C a Happy Birthday. It was nice meeting C's friends in New York.
There are many, many pics to post and sort through, I'll try to have that up soon.

P.S. There were no drugs in the Hookahs. Strictly flavored tobacco.
Happy Birthday C!
So all in all, this trip was fun despite the fact that I was made fun of many, many times. I mean, so what if I have a designer fanny pack? And so what if I needed help putting it on? And so what if I like to iron my jeans and other articles of clothing even though they don't look like they need to be ironed. I AM WHO I AM! Love me or leave me.



<< Home