Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005!

Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year.

It's been hard to post, cause posting requires thinking, and my mind is currently mentally distraught.

I won't speak of resolutions. I don't do resolutions. Instead, I'll rewind through 2004, and try to remember what I enjoyed and disliked.

In January, I found a job I had been praying for. Something in the criminal justice-esque field. It really was a blessing, too. Especially since I had been unemployed for about a year after a major layoff. I had applied for many jobs, went on many, many interviews. Actually, before I go on to profess my love for this job, it's like a love/hate relationship. I love the work, I hate certain hurdles, i.e, G-Rilla. Anyhow, it's going to be my year anniversary at this job.

I've been engrossed with politics.

I voted for George W. Bush, and I am thankful he won. That's all I have to say about that. Some may call me a dumbass, a retard, in fact, I work with someone who does...My answer.

I know you are, but what am I?

And guess who's still our President for 4 more years?

I've decided I need to be single for a bit and rethink that part of my life.

I dunno, 2004 has had it's ups and downs. I'm thankful for my family. For friends, old and new.

Anyway, I can't believe it's 2005, I can only reach for the stars from here.

I pray for all the people of South East Asia, the Tsunami was so devastating, so many people lost their lives...so many people. Please do what you can to help. I'm finding it hard to write. I think about how many people died, especially the children, and I watch their parents cry, I see people with blank faces, still in shock. This was their New Years. Thousands and thousands of miles away, and I'm trying hard to understand.

Please pray for all the Soldiers in Iraq, every soldier stationed throughout this world.

Love,

Emmer



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.