The People of Iraq Write Their Own History...
Congratulations to the people of Iraq who literally took their lives into their own hands and voted for a new Iraq. Alas, we all know this has been an uphill battle [still is] led by our courageous men and women of the US Military and Coalition Forces who've paved the way for the people of Iraq to take this giant step forward, and that they did.
Almost there...

Al Alamara

Az Zubayr

Baghdad

Dubai, UAE

Irvine, CA

Najaf

Netherlands

Sadr City

Sydney, Austrialia

Tehran
You know, I recall a conversation I had with someone when the Iraq War first started. This person was opposed to the war, still is. This person had said,
"They don't know what they want. They've been oppressed for so many years under Saddam Hussein. They don't know the outside world."
Dude, you are so wrong.
I will admit, I was a little skeptical over what kind of turnout this would be, but this has just been a breathtaking event. To see these people come alive, to vote for the very first time under violent conditions, just reminds you not to take what you have for granted. To them, January 30th is not just another day, but the day they took their lives into their own hands.
The people of Iraq have spoken.
When you get the chance, have a look at this Tribute to the Troops I found on Russ' site.



<< Home