Monday, January 24, 2005

So those of you who actually listen to me, you probably know that I'm on a diet, sort of. I'm on a diet because I'm trying to rid of the pudge in my tummy that has accumulated over the past year as I no longer have the metabolism I used to own as a 25 year old.

This diet basically consists of me trying to stop drinking coca cola, which is my all time favorite drink, and in place of my coca cola, I've been trying to consume the dozen mineral water bottles I purchased on impulse as I fought the urge to buy a 24 pack of coca cola, on sale for 1.99 each, limit 2 [man, it was so hard].




Anyhow, I've been drinking the carbonated mineral water, with lemon wedges- I STILL need the carbonated taste... And it's actually working. When I bend over backwards, I know longer resemble that of a camel.

HOWEVER, I cannot lie [well I can, I just won't, today], I DID have a 24 pack of coca cola from a previous purchase that is whittling away, and I've been drinking it in moderation...I didn't touch the stuff during the blizzard, so I'm doing good. I'm slowly weaning myself off of the coca cola, drinking one, here and there [and one right now].

What brought this sorta diet on, you ask?

Well, a few weeks ago I was in a hurry to meet up with a friend of mine for dinner. I had carefully chosen a pair of jeans that was one of my favorites [and it was the only clean pair left], I ironed it, and started to put them on. Well, they went past my thighs just snuggly, however, they wouldn't button up so I attempted to pull them up higher by tugging at the back and front belt loops. Next thing I know, I hear multiple tears. I slowly took my hand and felt my way towards the torn seams and, "AWWWE MAN!!!!" there were tiny tears in the seams near the belt loops. Luckily, the little tears can be fixed with my trusty sewing machine.

So those of you who know me and met me in person and say things like, "Shut up, you don't need to go on a diet."

You ain't seen me naked, don't make me prove you wrong.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.