Thursday, January 27, 2005

What day is it?

Today was an absolutely crazy friggen day I tell you.

I woke up feeling the urge to urinate really bad, and in fact, I woke up thinking I had done just that. Soiled myself. But, stop gasping in disgust, I didn't. What I woke up to was FRIGID AIR as if someone had opened all the windows in my room and left me for dead in a pool of my own urine. I was COLD. I looked at my alarm clock, it was blank. My laptop was flashing low battery, the room was pitch black. Now, if you don't already know, I am very much afraid of the dark. It took me a few minutes to force myself to venture out into the hallway. I didn't think I would be able to take a nice hot shower, especially in the dark, but thank goodness for hot water heater reserves, and jumbo maglites - - I recommend the maglite flashlight, they light up a room. Anyway, I guess because of the blizzard like conditions last night, a transformer had blown and it would be hours 'till our power came back on.

I went to work an hour and a half early, I didn't care because I had to be there early for a case anyway, and it was WARM. I was bombarded with work, no time for bullshit, but then kids, the shit hit the fan. I got into an argument with the COO. I didn't start it. He did. But I finished it. I felt a little odd though, having an argument with a guy wearing a suit and tie, and me in corduroy overalls, sneakers, and a baseball cap ---I mean, what could I do, my power went out. I had no iron. No blow dryer. Though my attire today was not what we were arguing about, I had a feeling he is going to use it against me.

Anyway.

This is for the guys who dared me. Who double-dared me. Who TRIPLE-DOG-DOUBLE-DARED ME.




See, I told you so.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.