Just when I think I can clean my car inside and out, mother nature bitch slaps me.
We're getting another winter storm. I don't know if I can take this anymore. My car looks grodie, course it doesn't help that it's white, either. The inside is even worse.
Tomorrow may be a work from home day if it gets too bad out.
There is something growing on my index finger. I feel a little self conscious about it because it's quite noticeable. I hate noticeable marks/scars on my skin. I have two prevalent birth marks on my person. One on my elbow, one on my shin. I call them the twin marks. They are both the same shape and size. I remember a time when I was a flower girl in my cousins wedding, I asked if I could wear white tights to help cover up this mark on my shin. "No, it won't look good with your dress, emmalyn." I was stuck wearing lace ankle socks with my shiny black shoes. I recall trying to cover up the mark with baby powder, my moms face compact powder, and when that didn't work, I tried to scratch the sonavabitch off. I was such an awkward Ramona Quimby.
Well, I got caught trying to scratch this mark off my leg by my sister who screamed, "What are you doing! You could DIE if you remove that." I have since let Mr. Twin mole be. [and yes, I know that she's a lying sack of dung]
Anyway, I'm getting off track. So this thing on my finger, I thought it was a wart. It developed just this morning. It's very itchy, too. I showed a couple girls at the office.
"Hey Amy, is this a wart?" She walks over to examine my finger.
"I feel like I caught it yesterday while I was at the prison handling inmate files."
Amy starts giggling. "Emma, it's not a wart. A wart is more raised and has texture on top. [she starts to laugh harder] You can't get genital warts on your hands, anyway."
You have to understand what kind of prison I work at to appreciate that comment.
I'm not sure what the hell this thing is. Must be a bug bite. I'm going to drown it in neosporin and wrap it nice and tight with a bandaid.
Hope everyone has a nice Thursday!



<< Home