Boots
Quick, someone take a shoe horn and smack me over the mother freakin' head with it.
I just bought two pairs of boots. I'll explain in a minute.
I never understood why every Thursday people go out after work and get smashed. I mean, it's Thursday?
Thursday.
I don't get it [and please, don't feel the need to explain why, I don't care]. Anyway I often bow out of thirsty Thursdays, and head home. Today, a few girls I met in the office building a while back invited me out for some drinks tonight and I politely declined.
"You always say no."
"Well, I don't really drink, and I don't feel like watching you drink."
"What are you gonna do?"
The next thing I know I have three women meeting me at the mall [and I was only going to pick up a CD]. I thought it was really nice of them to give up their drink night to come hang out with me. It was really bizarre [yet funny].
We first found our way to the music store where I picked up Keane. It's not normally the kind of music I listen to but I really like the song, "Somewhere Only We Know." Then I convinced them to come into the Sharper Image to try out a toy I want. If you're reading this, I urge you to drop into your local Sharper Image and have a seat. You'll never wanna get up.
All four of us sat in in a row of Ijoy's and just had a relaxing time. We were there almost an hour being Ijoy hogs, and I'm pretty sure the salesmen didn't mind as we sat there jiggling and giggling away. I laughed so hard as we chatted it up with customers whilst the Ijoys just gyrated. I'm tellin' ya. I think we helped them sell a couple.
"Forget going to a bar, I'm comin' here after lunch and every Thursday," I heard one of girls say.
After our hour long massages we headed over to the Pet Store where they only sell puppies [I wouldn't purchase an animal from a petstore by the way, I just like to go in once in a while to visit with the poor things,] we didn't stay very long as one of the girls was getting depressed. I wished we coulda set them free.
Then the major shopping began. We all left with something, I left with a CD and two pairs of boots.
Two pairs of boots.
I asked myself, "Should I? Do I really need them?"
In the end, the price I got for both of them won me over. I can't believe the deal I got for them, oh and they look good, too. I'm so glad I waited.
*It didn't friggen help that I had three women cheering me on, too. Friggen enablers.
My story above does not do this shopping trip justice. I haven't laughed so hard in a while, and I do believe I needed it. I'm really happy with my boots, especially at the price I paid for for them. One pair are calf boots, and the other, knee highs but, the sixty four dollar question is...Where the fuck am I gonna wear them to?
P.S. That's the total I paid for both designer boots.
See, this is why I need someone in my life. To put me in my place once in a while when I go to the mall for a CD and come out with two pairs of boots. No?
Jen - I checked out those Ipex bras, too. I'm not to keen on them.



<< Home