Sunday, March 06, 2005

I went out and bought myself an early birthday present today. I call it, "The thing that will help me workout more."

I had to trek into the city for it as every other store was sold out. I recruited K to come with. We hung out at her flat for a bit and when we decided to leave, I noticed a woman standing in her driveway. She looked distraught so I asked her if she needed help. She spoke with broken English, couldn't tell what nationality, 'till she asked,

"Are you Vietnamese?"

"No, I'm American. Is there anything I can help you with?"

She then began to tell me what was wrong and I offered to help her which she accepted.

After all was said and done, K looked at me and snickered.

"That was awesome."

"What?"

"She asked you if you were Vietnamese and when you said, 'No I'm American,' she looked at you like you just smacked her."

"She did? Well, I'm not Vietnamese. I guess if she woulda asked me if I was Filipino I woulda said yes. I dunno?"

...Geez, I hope she doesn't think I'm an asshole."

Karen laughs.

"Americans? Assholes? No way."


BTW. Best pizza I've had so far in Boston, "Emma's Pizza," in Kendal Square. And no, I'm not saying this because the name of the joint is Emma's Pizza. It really is YUM.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.