I've been set up on a blind date.
It hasn't sunk in yet. I've never been on one. This should be interesting.
I walked into the facility and did my little meet and greet. I was approached by the Superintendent's secretary [who is younger than me -- I have to clarify this because when you hear the word secretary, some people picture an old woman]. I was quite surprised and flattered that she wants me to meet her older brother's friend. I'm also surprised because I don't really know her, but from what I do know, she's very nice, we've had lunch several times in the break room. Apparently my name was brought up in their household over Easter weekend.
What I do know so far. He's bald. Not losing hair bald, but he likes to shave his head bald. He's 30. He is very good at pool and belongs to a league. He's tall. He's big but buff. He's in construction. He drives a truck [a big plus]. He doesn't smoke. I asked if she thought he was attractive and she replied, "Well, let me put it this way. If I wasn't married I'd be interested." Okay, good enough.
"When you say his body is big but buff, what do you mean?"
"Can you give me an A) B) C) or D) choice?"
My friend Andrea chimed in with, "Well, does his shirt slide up over his belly when he does this? Do his sleeves tear when he bends his arms? Does he have a plumbers crack?"
I start to crack up.
"I didn't mean big like BIG. He's built."
What is planned so far, we're going to do a triple date. Myself, the dude, the matchmaker her hubby, and Andrea and her hubby, so it'll be easier for me.
"Geez, this is really nerveracking. I'm gonna embarrass myself."
"Don't feel that way, he's really goofy. In fact, I asked him if he could behave in front of you and he said he'll try."
"If I give you his number, will you call him?"
"Yes....No...Yes....No...I don't know. If I do, it'll take me a while."
*I don't usually call guys. It's very rare. If I do, it's because I really want to get to know him. My stomach gets all wrenched up, I stare at my phone and I have to fire myself up to actually dial the digits. I forget to breath. Yeah, I'm a real pro when it comes to this shit.*
"Okay, so, if he gets a lot of hang ups, I'll let him know it's you...Forget it. Just give me your number."
It took me a while to agree to give him my number. I thought to myself, "Fuck it. It's just for fun, you're getting too old to be acting timid."
"Okay, here's my number. Tell him I know Kung Fu."
I'll keep you up to date on whether or not this triple date will actually happen.



<< Home