You won't believe the fuckin' day I had...
Is what I always start the conversation with when I make my daily phone call to my best girlfriend, Catherine. She in turn cracks up laughing [her usual, engine won't start, laugh], and then says, "WUT."
First, a Nextel engineer calls me on my cell phone to try and rectify my cell phone problems. We get into a verbal altercation. In the middle of our heated discussion he says with attitude,
"I don't know why you're getting all upset with me, I'm not your problem."
and I replied,
"You work for Nextel don't you? You're my problem."
Now, in the middle of this heated argument, my office phone keeps ringing off the hook. I told Mr. Engineer to hold about seven times.
I then proceed to tell Mr. Engineer that I have two cell phones. My Nextel phone [until I get my disconnect fee waived], and my TMobile phone, just in case my Nextel phone can't dial out.
"That's how bad your service is DUDE. I have an emergency cell phone just in case my original cell phone doesn't work."
I then explained to him how one of the excuses I got from another technician was,
"The reason why you can't call out is because during the time of day you make calls, there are other Nextel customers that are trying to call out at the same time."
"Now what the flying frig is that all about? HOW STUPID IS THAT EXCUSE?!"
He calmed down then told me someone would get back to me. UGH.
****
THEN, I took my car to get an inspection sticker. I actually tried to take it to the same service center twice during the week but each attempt they told me they were closed for the day so then today, I took my car in at lunch time.
I get outta my car. The dude parks it in the garage. At this point I'm halfway in the garage watching him work. I started to fiddle with my sidekick when I noticed the numbnut open my driver side door to scan a barcode in interior of my car. Instead of going through the OPEN drivers side door, the idiot goes through the driver side window to scan the barcode. While doing this he breaks off the knob that controls my sideview mirrors. The knob falls to the ground, he picks it up and attempts to put it back. [I'M WATCHING HIM THIS ENTIRE TIME, MIND YOU] It won't go back. He then continues with the inspection but then asks another mechanic to take over.
Surprisingly the inspection takes no more than ten minutes. HMMMM...I wonder the frig why? He slaps the sticker on the windshield and tells me I'm all set.
"Wait a minute. Tell that dude to come back here."
He calls the culprit over and I enlighten him. He denied that he broke it.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"DUDE, I WATCHED YOU BREAK IT OFF. YOU'RE PISSIN' ME OFF."
As soon as I said this all the mechanics walked out of the garage and huddled next to the counter with the cash register.
This guy had very broken English but he sure seemed to know how to say, "I don't know what you're talking about," really well.
"I WATCHED YOU BREAK IT. JUST GIMME THE PIECE BACK."
He continued to deny, deny, deny. And I got angrier by the second.
"Pockets. Empty your pockets." I motioned him for him to empty his pockets.
With the enthusiasm of a snail, he put his hands in his pockets but did not show me the contents. "I have nothing. I don't know what you're talking about."
I made him empty a trash barrel's contents onto the floor - course the piece he broke off was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. He half heartedly looked around. I was livid.
"I watched you break it off, the knob fell to the floor, you picked it up, and tried to fix it. Now where is it. I just want the knob back. Do you understand the words that are comin' outta my mouth?"
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Holy shit." I then walked over the mechanics in the other room, they all scattered. One was stuck behind the counter. I asked him if he had a trash barrel, he nodded his head.
"Give it here. I wanna see it."
He placed the can on the counter and I sorted through it. I explained to him, "That guy [and I pointed to the asshole] broke something off of my car and I just want the piece back."
"I'm sorry miss, I can't say anything, he's the boss."
I stopped what I was doing, realizing I was going through a mother friggen trash bin. I was fired up but, what could I do? I was pissed off that the sonofabitch lied point blank to my face even though I watched the fucker break it. I was pissed off that he couldn't speak English. I was pissed off that I was going to pay outta pocket to fix it because a fuckin foreigner duped me.
I calmed down, paid for the half assed inspection and headed straight to VW. They were able to fix the problem, $80.00 later. The repair was actually less than I thought it would be but the fact that the fucker lied to me just ate away at my me. I called the corporate office of the gas/service station and put in a complaint. A representative for the service center called me back and told me I'd get reimbursed for the repair. I better.
That was my day.
"How was your day Catherine?"
"I just 'bout died cause Reilly told a cashier today at the grocery store that he was gonna beat his ass when the cashier tried to ring up his candy bar."
Reilly is four years old.
Geez, I miss that kid. I coulda used him today at the service station.
Oh, and by the way, Jeep dude has his football back in his possession. I'll get back to you on that.



<< Home