Monday, May 16, 2005

Dear Marianne,

I did what you told me to do [Well, I attempted to].

As I walked into the office building after grabbing breakfast with Z, she turned around and looked at me with a big cheesy smile on her face. She said,

"Look, it's your boyfriend!"

Even though she said it in a whisper, I swear to jeebus it sounded like she was talking through a bullhorn. I immediately knew who she was speaking of and saw him walking towards us with one of his coworkers. I could feel my cheeks grow hot, I felt flustered but I thought of you and your advice, 'Wave to him the next time you see him.'

As soon as he was maybe four steps away from me, I stuck my hand up, tried to make eye contact...

Eye contact was not established. He quickly looked to the floor as I walked past him. My hand still in the air, I pretended to smooth my hair back and thought to myself, "I'm gonna kill her."

Mission aborted.

I don't know if I'll ever get the nerve to do that again. He's so beautiful. Yes, I know I sound retarded but he is. I wanted to jump him right then and there.

He makes me...He makes me wanna CLIMB HIM LIKE A TREE! I haven't said that in a long time.

I feel like I'm in high school again. I hate it.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.