"Remember the park where you fell on your head?"
"Yeah!"
"It's still here, only ten times better."
My brother kept calling me as he toured Oahu and the area we used to live. I will always remember Hawaii, me and my sibs were very fortunate to grow up there. I was such a tom boy growing up. I ran around barefoot wearing shorts, and tee's and preferred my brother's clothes he outgrew than my sister's. I was always trying to tag along with my brother, and sometimes he'd let me. The day I fell on my head wasn't one of those times.
One of my brother's friends had stopped by the house to pick him up to go to the park behind our house. I quickly jumped to my feet, put my flip flops on and ran after them. They saw me and started running. Fast. I could
The park was gated up and the entrance was wayyy on the opposite side of me not wanting to be the rotten egg. The boys cheated and climbed the 6 ft. tall fence, I caught up to them and did the same. I was almost up and over the fence when one of my flip flops got caught in a wire, I lost my grip and fell head first to the ground with my flip flop still stuck in the wire. Right after I hit the ground, I started bawling only it wasn't because I was in pain, I was totally embarrassed. My brother ran up to me, checked to make sure I wasn't missing any body parts, fingers, eyes, my nose, my toes. He even pushed my nostrils back to make sure my nose wasn't bleeding. I remember thinking, "My brother is so cool," till he said, "You're fine, quit being a big baby, you're embarrassing me."
I walked back to the house with dirt on my face, a broken flip flop, and I was the friggen rotten egg.



<< Home