Monday, July 11, 2005

My 4th of July Was Relaxing, Thank You.

So I didn't take any pictures, my friend K was nice enough to snap these pics of me with her cam. Normally I'm out with my gigantic camera snapping away but no, I wanted to relax a bit and that I did. We dropped anchor at World's End, had a bbq on the boat, tooled about on the dingy and took numerous naps. Man, it was great.

Got some good news today...My dad has safely left the Philippines and is now in Japan with my sister and her family...though my sister is most likely counting down the days 'till he leaves to go back to the states. - Long story.

I know I've mentioned this before but, I have NEVER, EVER, EVER, gotten along with my dad. He was (is) a strict, mean, controlling, SOB, but I still love him because he IS my dad. He gave me life. He gave my mother, my sister, my brother and I the opportunity to become United States citizens by joining the US Navy and dedicated twenty two years to the Armed Forces and that makes me damned proud...but he still was (is) a strict, mean, controlling SOB.

If you notice, I don't post any pictures of my dad, or of me and my dad...why? Because 98% of the pictures I have of him and me I am not smiling. In fact, I always have a frown on my face. In fact, that's how it is with him and pictures of my brother and sister. It's hilarious. All of the pictures we have taken with our mom, my siblings and I have these big shit eatin' grins on our faces and the ones with my dad look pathetic. We either look pissed or look like we're about to cry.

Sigh.

I wish I could've had a better relationship with him growing up. I think I've told him "I love you," only once that I can remember, and when I did, his face became serious, he looked to the ground, nodded, and in a stern voice said, "Love you, too." He hugged me as if I was leper, patted my back, and I was on my way back to Boston. It took a lot for me to say that to him. I say it though, in my head. Course, that doesn't do either of us any good.

I'm glad he's safe.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.