It's a chilly day here in Boston. This weather prompted me to rush home from work, change into sweats, curl up on the couch with a bowl of chicken and dumplings made by yours truly last night.
I only decided to make the chicken and dumplings because best gal pal Catherine told me she was servin' it up to her family for dinner, and then my tummy wanted it and threatened to eat itself if I didn't cook it so I spent a good portion of lastnight in the kitchen.
So this weekend was calm and relaxing. Despite the topsy turvy weather, I managed to get a few things accomplished. I organized my apartment, did laundry, did some shopping, and spent some time in the sun with K when it finally stopped raining.
I've been jogging a lot lately too and I absolutely love it.
I inherited my dad's love for running [and cooking, and gardening], and I used to run a lot back in the day [waaaay back], but since I moved to Boston, my Nike soles, 75% of the time have only seen a brake and gas pedal, and when I run, it's because I'm running late for something and according to my friends, I am really slow.
At first when I started this running kick, it was kinda embarrassing because I could only run so far, *ahem* two blocks, and now I just keep going until I see stars. It also helps that I run with people from work down a steep hill, then up. I can't stop runnin'. I'm a maniac.
Oh I'd like to share with y'all some great finds.
Curiosity made me fat. Now ladies [especially you Elzilla], please do not blame me if you turn obese if you do end up liking what I'm about to share with you, and men, well, you can't blame me for shit because you eat anything. Anyway, as I was strolling through my local CVS, I ran into a little stand filled with snacks. The sign read,
"NEW! Hershey's with Almonds Milk Chocolate Dipped Cookies."
[Picture me saying this in a squealy dumb blonde valley girl voice - no offense to you dumb blondes from the valley]
They had some Reese's Pieces cookies there, too but I'm semi-allergic to peanuts so I passed. Anyway apparently Hershey's has decided to create their lovely candy bars into cookies. WELL IT WAS A FAHRIGGENFANTABULOUS IDEA, I tell you.
I went on with my shopping, then went home. About midnight, I was craving something sweet and remembered that I had purchased this candy bar turned cookie thing. Well, I ate it, and I can't remember how many cookies came with the snack size version cause I ate it so fast, but it was so. friggen. good. No, no, not good, DELICIOUS that I jumped in my car, past midnight, and drove to a 24 hour CVS and bought a family size package [18 cookies, and yes, I ate them all in one sitting]. I know, I'm sorry, I'm a pig.
Oink, oink baby.
My best friend Catherine gets pissed off at me whenever I mention them and she refuses to look for these cookies in the marketplace because she knows she will be addicted to them. I will be mailing her a box tomorrow.
The second find, if you blow dry your hair a lot ladies, like I do, you might wanna invest in some Redken 02 Satinwear. It's kinda up there in $ but it works wonders.
Also, I love my new toy. It's a Sidekick II. It was a toss up between a Blackberry and the Sidekick. I almost went for the Blackberry but it seems to be that the Sidekick is much more user friendly. I've gotten into a little bit of trouble with this thing while in my vehicle. I seem to forget that red lights do turn green, though, staring at my new toy probably contributes to that. I have become the asshole, that asshole, you know, the one that you honk your horn at? Normally I'm the honker, now I've become the honkee.
No worries though, I do not, I repeat, do not play with my new toy whilst I drive meaning the car is in motion. It's only when I've come to a complete stop...[hand motion] STOP...then people honk at me...and I don't get upset because I know it's my fault, and I refrain from pulling out the bird.
I've got things under control.
Oh, I'll try to keep you posted on the Jeep dude and the football.
P.S.
I hate Nextel.



<< Home